Thursday 11 February 2010

Arctic Conditions bring in the Redpolls . . .Suffolk
Over the past week or so there have been a number of Lesser Redpoll visiting my local feeding/ringing station, an exciting new arrival and a much wanted one photographically! 20 or so have now been ringed and 2 birds caught were British controls so we look forward to hearing where these birds were first ringed. I do not think I have ever been so cold in my hide as today and the subzero wind off the estuary was bitter and very strong. However, the couple of hours I managed this morning paid off handsomely and I returned home upbeat and keen to return in less breezy conditions in the morning for more Redpoll shots and to try for more Siskin which have also started to arrive . . . .






No comments:

Post a Comment